It is not easy to create a good indoor climate in offices, but installing plants can significantly help improve the environment and so improve working conditions, whilst helping to reduce symptoms of Sick Building Syndrone. There is no easier and more pleasant way of increasing the oxygen levels in your office. Read more about the benefits of plants below.
Offices are often too cold or too hot and when heating is turned on the humidity can fall well below the ideal 40-60%. Even in offices with good climate control systems, more than a quarter of workers are not satified with the conditions. Water evaporates from the plants leaves so increasing humidity in the office.
- FACT: The influence of plants on air quality and our general wellbeing has been proven
Plants keep the climate healthier and more stable. They absorb heat and noise and remove dust and pollutants from the air. All these aspects help reduce problems such as dry eyes, headaches, skin problems and irritated eyes and so reduce absenteeism. Sick Building Syndrone can be reduced by the small cost of adding some tropical plant displays.
- FACT: In offices with plants, complaints about headaches, stress, heart/circulation- symptoms and colds are reduced
Research has been done which shows that if staff can see a plant from their desk they are more productive. Flowers and plants can have a marked impact on employees positive attitiudes and motivations.
- FACT: Plants help us concentrate – and therefore can make us as much as 8% more productive
- We breathe 5/6 litres of air per minute, 15,000 litres per day
- Plants clean the air naturally
- Plants emit oxygen for us to breathe
- … and absorb carbon dioxide which we emit whilst breathing
The air inside buildings can be up to 10 times more polluted than the air outside
For further information please phone on 01753 647476 / 07774 972939
Info and research on the benefits of plants can be found on the following link